Job Opening: Parent Advisor for the Parent Infant Program
Primary Job Duties For a Parent Advisor
The Parent Advisor works as part of a team serving the Vermont Parent Infant Program at Nine East Network. Parent Advisors provide families with information, support and services they may need to effectively deal with the challenges of their infant’s hearing loss. Services are provided in a home visit model and address goals and objectives outlined in the child’s One Plan.
Reports To: Parent Infant Program Supervisor
Job Responsibilities And Requirements for a Parent Advisor:
- Establish rapport with child and family and build an effective partnership.
- Provide emotional support to family members.
- Educate parents in various issues related to the impact and management of their child’s hearing loss.
- Assess child’s skill level and functioning and develop appropriate home intervention programs.
- Consult with family and providers, including childcare or preschool staff regarding accommodations for a child who is deaf or hard of hearing.
- Participate in IFSP and IEP and other team meetings as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of home visits and other required paperwork.
- Attend trainings and workshops for professional development.