Nine East Network is currently recruiting for
Coordinator of Sign Support and Instruction
Applications accepted until July 7th
Coordinator of Sign Support and Instruction– to assist in developing standards and identifying curriculum for the instruction of sign language as a primary language and its use as a supplemental support for communication.
Candidates must be qualified by training and experience, including:
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Knowledge of child language development, communication modes, and assessment of children’s sign language skills.
- Experience working with children and families
- Experience teaching sign language
- Knowledge and acceptance of different communication opportunities (e.e., ASL, contact sign, sign supported English, listening and spoken language)
- Knowledge about working with educational teams including the special education process and 504 rights.
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle and willingness to travel
In addition, Sign Support Coordinator position requires
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience in related work
- Experience supporting other professionals
- Experience utilizing video technology, desirable
Interested and qualified individuals may send their resume and a letter of introduction to:
9 West Street
Montpelier, VT 05602