Sign Communication Support Services
We have a team of experienced staff working with children who are deaf, hard of hearing, or rely on Sign Supported Speech to communicate, as well as their families, peers, and members of school teams.
Our Sign Communication Supported Instructors provide Sign Support Speech and American Sign Language Instruction based on babies’ One Plans or students’ Individualized Education Plans.
Sign Communication Support Instructors
- Determine baseline sign language skills, monitor progress and assess sign language skill development
- Adapt sign language curriculum and provide sign instruction appropriate for each unique child and each unique school or daycare staff person, peer, or family member
- Guide and mentor families toward an awareness and understanding of Deaf culture and the Deaf community, as appropriate
- Coordinate with team members and participate in team meetings
- Provide in-service trainings and staff workshops, as requested
Click here to Meet our Team of Sign Communication Support Services Staff.